Friday, January 10, 2014

All One

All One

What do you mean It’s all one? said my friend. I, he said, am different from everyone else, unique, am I not? Thinking about this I conclude ( as have many before me!) as follows. I understand my body comprises many millions of little entities, some of which are clearly free swimming little beings. Which of them is “not me” ? Which part of General Motors is not General Motors? The man on the assembly line ?, the one changing the bosses tire in the parking lot? The dust on the floor of his office? The files in the filing cabinet?  Which part of the Universe is not the Universe? That rabbit? That pine tree? Myself, my apparatus standing here? My soul? The Universe is all one and I am that one, or nothing. Since it is all one, it can’t have a name, having a name implies there are other things, with other names. Clearly there is No thing, nothing here. So I am nothing, no thing, at one with the all of it.

Whatever relations I have in my daily life are all mine, my creation. My work is the work of creating myself. And when I look around, I see I have created myself to this point of being able to participate in the oneness of all, all my creation. I may judge it, find it wanting in some way, but that's the apparatus talking, not soul. No blame, I’m just doing what I was asked to do, by the Manitou, the Mystery. What I’ve got today, is what I set in motion yesterday, and yesterday I had what I set in motion the day before, and so on, right back to the beginning of time, 14 billion years ago and maybe earlier. Once It was a rock, now It walks upright and talks, all one, hallelujah!!

Donato Jan. 10  2014

No comments: